Monday, February 26, 2018

A Night walk kiama cove

I watched them from behind the curtain of my motel humans wandering and walking back and forth.
 Symbolism at its best humans on the edge of an uncontrollable phenomenon, after darkness has descended I venture out. Through the hotel room door up the drive no one around, I am alone.  Up Bong Bong street until I spot the grand hotel not a soul to be seen. This hotel is obviously not the most popular watering hole in town.    I turn the corner and walk down Manning Street past a construction site for a monstrosity called the Bathers a statement of faith in the future. I then walk down onto the beach very much occupied by man but no one in sight.  The only seagull I can see asks me for the definition of optimism    and I reply a philosophy that replaced our belief in god a belief that there is a happy ever after for humanity. Like religion it is a philosophy not supported by the facts. He put his head under his wing farted then pretended to faint and then rolled around on the sand laughing and kicking his little red legs in the air.  I left that annoying creature there and continued on my way. 























No comments: